Subject: Truckee-Tahoe Airport Labor Day Weekend
Cancellation: 09/05/2017 1200 (UTC)
From August 30, 2017 through September 5, 2017 a higher than normal volume of air traffic is expected to arrive and depart Truckee-Tahoe (TRK) Airport. Pilots may expect the following to occur during this time period at TRK:
- VFR flight following and advisory services may be limited due to increased traffic volume at TRK
- No practice approaches will be approved at TRK.
- Glider and parachuting activities will be ongoing at the airport.
- The preferred inbound VFR route for aircraft landing at TRK is via the Squaw Valley VOR.
- Delays in excess of 15 minutes for both arrival and departure traffic may be encountered by both IFR and VFR flights.
- All pilots should exercise caution and extreme diligence while transiting in, out, or through the TRK Class E airspace.
Air Traffic Manager, FAA Oakland ARTCC